Are you done buying presents for Holiday season?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I started buying gifts since September for my love ones and now I'm just waiting for the items I purchased online for myself. I know most people buy presents for their love ones during holidays but don't forget to buy gifts for yourselves too. Us, more than anyone else deserve our love. It is not selfishness in my opinion, we just value and love ourselves. Advance happy holidays everyone!

Reaction score
If only the holidays fell during the warmer parts of the year . I could save a lot of money by growing thing in the garden to give as gifts. I'm sure that people would like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am still not completely finished with my shopping and I am starting to panic. I will be hitting the store again this evening in hopes that I can get it all finished . I also have a couple of orders I am waiting on.

Reaction score
I am almost done shopping: I REALLY put my mind to it these last couple of weeks! Anyways, I need to buy more for my husband and son and parents but I have at least something for everybody! (I have a lot of siblings)

I did order a book on-line called "The Flower Farmer" that I have always admired, and that is for MYSELF! The larger book stores wanted $21 and up for a USED book! I thought that did not sound right and so I checked the smaller used-book stores and I found the going price for used was $4. What a difference! I think the big chains marked their used books up for Christmas!

I was so pleased that I ordered a second book from them about keeping houseplants alive. I always lose my houseplants in February or shortly afterwards, and I am wanting to winter a baby banana tree inside and plant it out in the spring. It MIGHT be hardy in my area but I got it in the Fall, and I did not want to have it freeze before it got a good root system established.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This year has been the worst as far as being prepared. Tonight I have to go home and make some treats and finish wrapping the gifts. This next year I will be starting earlier if it kills me. I have already started to save some Amazon gift cards from work I have done online and will be using them toward presents.

Reaction score
I did all my shopping online, in one day. A mere two hours. They are all wrapped and under the tree and I feel great.

Reaction score
I'm glad that I bought my daughter's gifts in advance and picked them up before we lost our apartment. In spite of the chaos in our lives, I actually managed to give her a couple of things that she wished for.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If only the holidays fell during the warmer parts of the year . I could save a lot of money by growing thing in the garden to give as gifts. I'm sure that people would like that.

I'm sure they would :) My aunt asked flowers as a gift for Christmas.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am still not completely finished with my shopping and I am starting to panic. I will be hitting the store again this evening in hopes that I can get it all finished . I also have a couple of orders I am waiting on.

I hope you did finished your shopping in time :3

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am almost done shopping: I REALLY put my mind to it these last couple of weeks! Anyways, I need to buy more for my husband and son and parents but I have at least something for everybody! (I have a lot of siblings)

I did order a book on-line called "The Flower Farmer" that I have always admired, and that is for MYSELF! The larger book stores wanted $21 and up for a USED book! I thought that did not sound right and so I checked the smaller used-book stores and I found the going price for used was $4. What a difference! I think the big chains marked their used books up for Christmas!

I was so pleased that I ordered a second book from them about keeping houseplants alive. I always lose my houseplants in February or shortly afterwards, and I am wanting to winter a baby banana tree inside and plant it out in the spring. It MIGHT be hardy in my area but I got it in the Fall, and I did not want to have it freeze before it got a good root system established.

Wow! That's a huge price difference. It's sad but true that some people do take advantage of people shopping on holidays. I'm glad you got yourself a gift :) I hope you won't your houseplants for any reason this year and that they thrive.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This year has been the worst as far as being prepared. Tonight I have to go home and make some treats and finish wrapping the gifts. This next year I will be starting earlier if it kills me. I have already started to save some Amazon gift cards from work I have done online and will be using them toward presents.

Some people do shop the entire year for the holiday season. I'm planning to shop earlier this coming year as well to avoid the rush and the crowd as the season peaks.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm glad that I bought my daughter's gifts in advance and picked them up before we lost our apartment. In spite of the chaos in our lives, I actually managed to give her a couple of things that she wished for.

You're such a great mother. I salute you. I pray you'll have better years ahead.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the first year I had everything completed in time no last minute running around. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas with their family and friends.

Ask a Question