Anyone have in Yarrow in their garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Achillea millefolium, otherwise know as, Yarrow. Is one of my favorite fillers for our bouquet arrangements. I like how many stems grow from one plant, the diverse variety of colors, and the height Yarrow reaches by the end of the season. When I get out to the flower field, in less then a week, it is was of the first areas I plan to weed. I do not want to take any chances of the weeds overcrowding the yarrow plants! If you are unfamiliar with Yarrow, here is a picture. I will also post a picture later, showing before and after images when I weed! lol

640px-Achillea_millefolium_-_roosa_harilik_raudrohi_Valingu.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Pandora, yes we have yarrow, and yes I love it! There is a native yarrow, white, that spreads like wildfire and I have to be constantly vigilant to keep it in bounds. We also have a red one, "Fire" something--can't remember the exact name--that is much more tame.
Yarrows make good dried flowers, also.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
I was just looking at some Yarrow on Saturday. I tried it once and something went amiss, I think I just didn't care for it. I'd like to add some to my drought tolerant front yard, it is a good low water plant. Might have to get some soon. Oh and yes it does look like a good cut flower arrangement filler. We love growing cut flowers at our house. What a topical topic :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I love Yarrow! I have Crimson, yellow, and white planted in my front bed. It's one tough plant, and after this bitter winter it's the only thing that's green, and mounding up nicely.

Ask a Question