Any new tool ideas?

Reaction score
Even though there seems to be an abundance of tools to help grow, trim, and harvest plants and various tools for the lawn, is there still something that you wish someone would invent to help make gardening and/or yard work easier?

Reaction score
That's a good question. I often thought that I could do with a robot that would dig up the soil for a new garden bed. :) I find it very difficult to do it myself as I suffer from a bad back, so I always have to pay someone to come and help me, as my friends and neighbours never seem to have the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
In my opinion it would be great if someone invented a tool that changes the color of flowers. One day all my roses would be white and the next day they would be pale pink:) It would be enough to push a special button to change the look of a garden.
I'd also want to have a self-operated mower.

Reaction score
As I have a large expanse of land to look after and weeds tend to grow very prolifically where I live - as we have a law that requires all weeds to be cleared by a certain time of year due to the fact that they are considered a major fire risk if left - my ideal invention would be that of some kind of robotic weeder that would not only pull the weeds but dispose of them too,

Reaction score
Gardening gloves that make your hands feel as if you weren't wearing gardening gloves ;) That would be awesome, because I like to garden with no gloves because I find them to be too restrictive. If gardening gloves could be lighter and more elastic it would be wonderful.

Reaction score
Gardening gloves that make your hands feel as if you weren't wearing gardening gloves ;) That would be awesome, because I like to garden with no gloves because I find them to be too restrictive. If gardening gloves could be lighter and more elastic it would be wonderful.

Although I can't be sure how widely available they are - gloves like that do already exist - as they are what I have been wearing to do my gardening in for the past five years :)

Reaction score
This fall when it came time to pick apples, I found a neat device to help with Apple Picking. It's called the Twisted Fruit Picker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United States
How about something inexpensive to pick up black walnuts. I have so many I can't mow the lawn without first shoveling YES shoveling them with a snow snow shovel.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
mgmine, around here there is a pole with a wire basket that is used to pick up pecans. If you have the patience (or a child) the nuts can be picked up in the basket, dumped in a bucket, and taken care of later. It's great for those who don't want to spend hours bending over and picking up, or in your case, shoveling!

Reaction score
Country
United States
mgmine, around here there is a pole with a wire basket that is used to pick up pecans. If you have the patience (or a child) the nuts can be picked up in the basket, dumped in a bucket, and taken care of later. It's great for those who don't want to spend hours bending over and picking up, or in your case, shoveling!
I think I now what you are talking about but there are just way too many. I have enlisted several squirrels but they seem to want store them in the shed instead of outside. Last spring I had two 32 gallon garbage cans worth of nuts that I had to clean up from the shed.

Ask a Question