Any ideas on finding inexpensive burlap sacks?

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looking to find a place that sells burlap sacks for an inexpensive price. Burlap sacks or sand bags. Rough size being around 14" x 26", a little bigger or smaller is fine. It is cosmetic, to house materials already sealed up, so this is one item that doesn't need to meet any form of organic qualifications.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking to find a place that sells burlap sacks for an inexpensive price. Burlap sacks or sand bags. Rough size being around 14" x 26", a little bigger or smaller is fine. It is cosmetic, to house materials already sealed up, so this is one item that doesn't need to meet any form of organic qualifications.
Here in Texas we can buy them from cattle feed stores or grain suppliers. Most use paper but burlap is still available

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Chuck,

Thanks. Feed stores, that is a good avenue to check out. I'm interested in getting maybe a dozen or more and see no reason to overpay.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck,

Thanks. Feed stores, that is a good avenue to check out. I'm interested in getting maybe a dozen or more and see no reason to overpay.
You can also make your own. Fabric shops sell jute or burlap and furniture upholsterers also use it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Oh no! Just know that if you decide to make your own you will be finding those fibers for months. My friends wanted to do a project with burlap (purchased from Hobby Lobby) and stupid me volunteered my dining room for a working area. It took me ages to get the fibers out of the carpet, chair upholstery, etc.

Messy messy stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We were at Atwood's today (a farm and ranch supplier) and they had big burlap bags for 69 cents each. I was trying to figure out a use for one, since I'm a sucker for a bargain.

Ask a Question