Already started spring project

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My only plan is to add a extra pond and connect it to my small lotus pond
i went up to the hills last weekend and got two loads of rock off the side of the road .
This morning I'm digging out the grass ,I'm back in resting because i cant go like i use to lol .
I don't really have a plan , I'm just going to dig and put rocks were i think they fit

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
a senior moment Dr Case we are not as young as we used to be .Rest the body for another go at it .I always stop before I get careless .When you get tired is when you make mistakes that can hurt you .

Reaction score
I envy you for being able to start your spring project already. It's 19 out this morning here and pond is almost frozen over. I can't start my projects for another 6 weeks or so but I can plan..

So your freestyling it! I like it! You have to take some pics and shows us your art..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
remember tmann having time to plan out everything keeps you from making a mistake and also lets you see something you may want to change before you do change something .I like the off time as it gives me time to just rest and enjoy the pond as it is .It also gives me time to think of new things or find neat pics or video's or borrow someone elses ideas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The first thing i had to do was move out all the old white rocks
130119_0001.jpg

Then i came back with rocks that matched better
130120_0003.jpg

Then the grass had to come out, i added it to the hill
130126_0003.jpg

Then i made a new wall out of the white rocks
130127_0006.jpg

Reaction score
You got some nice looking rocks, and big ones too. I went today scoping out some places that i could get some, may have found a spot to get some but they are flat not boulder type. That is pretty much all i have round here are flat ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, it's such a lovely pond, DrCase!:D
I wish I could start my spring projects already. I don't plan anything big - but I'd love to start. Unfortunately it's impossible. Today it's -8c during the day, in the night it will be probably colder and everything is covered with snow:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
remember tmann having time to plan out everything keeps you from making a mistake and also lets you see something you may want to change before you do change something .I like the off time as it gives me time to just rest and enjoy the pond as it is .It also gives me time to think of new things or find neat pics or video's or borrow someone elses ideas

Thats all true sissy
I always have a plan down to the smallest detail they run in my head out of control. lol
I am trying not to think at all & just do it this time
I just came up with a better pond placement because i didn't have a plan
Just going with the flow

Reaction score
I'm in a state of transition this year where I'm planning to move within the next couple of months. So I'm not planning to start any new gardening projects except sanding and repainting my patio chairs and maybe buying some new pots for my existing plants if I can find a good deal.
I love planting new seeds in the spring, but I don't want to start anything new this spring and then have to move it. Things are unsettled right now so I'm not adding anything new that will have to be moved.
I'm definitely going to do some summer projects because I'll hopefully be settled by then and retailers have a crap ton of plants and seeds on sale in the summer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
All looks great, good job! The sandy coloured rocks definitely look better than the white ones in that position :)

Reaction score
The first thing i had to do was move out all the old white rocks
130119_0001.jpg

Then i came back with rocks that matched better
130120_0003.jpg

Then the grass had to come out, i added it to the hill
130126_0003.jpg

Then i made a new wall out of the white rocks
130127_0006.jpg
That pond is gorgeous. You must be so proud to see the results of your hard work every time you walk by. The new rocks definitely match better than the white rocks. What a difference.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thanks all
The white rocks were their for a long time ,my other rocks finally made it to them ,and some thing had to give
Now the whites will just be a high boundary between the grass and the pond, , more like different layers of rock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Still moving along , I dry cut some bricks today for a feeding cove. it will let the fish come right to me to eat
130206_0007_zpsebbae74c.jpg

I have been digging out as i can
130206_0004_zps7c08e031.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's amazing what you are doing:D . It already looks quite interesting, I'm sure it'll look wonderful when I'll be done:D

Ask a Question