Aloe vera as a supplement

Reaction score
There are many uses for aloe vera plants. I mainly use them to moisturise my skin and as a first aid for sunburns or little burn accidents in the kitchen. I read that a regular intake of aloe vera juice helps with the digestion and cleans out the colon. I have started to eat little pieces of the plant before meals and really like the bitter taste.
Have you ever taken aloe vera internally, and what are your experiences?

Reaction score
Taken orally it has many beneficial uses. those include relief of constipation, ulcerative colitis, asthma, diabetes, colds, etc. Anyone who is considering it should consult with a provider who is familiar with the uses of aloe vera.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am allergic to Aloe vera :( If I apply it on my skin it burns! Like literally it feels like burning. I am not sure if I can take them orally!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried taking any aloe vera supplements. I once bought myself an aloe vera drink and I must say that it was kind of disgusting, I didn't like it at all:confused: I was told that it's very healthy though.
On a daily basis, I use aloe gel on my skin. It's the best moisturizer I've ever had!

Reaction score
I used aloe vera mostly to rub my scalp since I have dandruff and I can say it does work. I also blend the aloe vera occasionally with a glass of orange juice to flush my colon. Once the skin of the aloe vera is removed there is no bitter taste to it; it's a rather refreshing juice with lots of benefits.

Reaction score
I used aloe vera mostly to rub my scalp since I have dandruff and I can say it does work. I also blend the aloe vera occasionally with a glass of orange juice to flush my colon. Once the skin of the aloe vera is removed there is no bitter taste to it; it's a rather refreshing juice with lots of benefits.
That is really interesting to hear that you are using it on your scalp. How do you do that? Do you leave the gel on your scalp after washing your hair? And how much do you use?[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Does rubbing your scalp with aloe vera makes your hair thicker? I read somewhere that it works this way, but I'm not sure if it's true, so I'd love to hear your opinion. My hair is thin and very delicate, I hate it. I'm wondering if using aloe could help me with this problem.

Reaction score
That is really interesting to hear that you are using it on your scalp. How do you do that? Do you leave the gel on your scalp after washing your hair? And how much do you use?
[/QUOTE]

I just usually wash my hair and allow to air dry before peeling the aloe vera and applying the gel to my scalp ( you could also just run the aloe vera in your blender ; it's easier to apply this way) I don't usually rinse the aloe vera from my hair as it adds strength to my roots.

Reaction score

I just usually wash my hair and allow to air dry before peeling the aloe vera and applying the gel to my scalp ( you could also just run the aloe vera in your blender ; it's easier to apply this way) I don't usually rinse the aloe vera from my hair as it adds strength to my roots.[/QUOTE]

Claudine whenever I use aloe vera in my hair it does adds body to my hair however if I want my hair to grow real thick what I do is apply castor oil to my roots 3-4 times per week; and to tell you the truth the result is just amazing. Total thickness and shine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine whenever I use aloe vera in my hair it does adds body to my hair however if I want my hair to grow real thick what I do is apply castor oil to my roots 3-4 times per week; and to tell you the truth the result is just amazing. Total thickness and shine.
Thank you for the advice:) I tried using castor oil on my hair once, but I remember that it was extremely difficult to wash it off. However, if you say that it really works, I'll give it another try. I dream of having thick and healthy looking hair.

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice:) I tried using castor oil on my hair once, but I remember that it was extremely difficult to wash it off. However, if you say that it really works, I'll give it another try. I dream of having thick and healthy looking hair.
Castor oil has so many applications. It's even excellent for the skin, I hear. My grandmother told me that in the old days women used it to prevent wrinkles.
If it comes to dry scalp and hair, I have used coconut oil in the past with good results. Also Moroccan Argan oil works wonders. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I was using castor oil on my skin for almost two weeks, but it didn't work for me, it gave me acne:eek:
As for argan oil, I heard many good things about it, I feel I should give it a try. Do you think I can apply it on my scalp?

Reaction score
I heard all of the wonderful things about aloe vera as well. I know that it is good for the outside as well as the inside of the body. I know many that use it on their skin as well as their hair as they would with coconut oil.

Reaction score
Taken orally it has many beneficial uses. those include relief of constipation, ulcerative colitis, asthma, diabetes, colds, etc. Anyone who is considering it should consult with a provider who is familiar with the uses of aloe vera.
I just read another thread about aloe vera and colds. I'm going to try it today because I've had a bad cold that just won't go away and I need to get better soon because my kid depends on me. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Ask a Question