Airport Gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I don't know if any of you have been through airports that have spectacular garden areas but I just got back from Singapore the other day and their airport is amazing!

They have a sunflower garden, cactus garden, and an indoor butterfly enclosure! It was so nice seeing some greenery in an area that's usually associated with boredom and delays.

Have any of your local airports incorporated garden areas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

This is literally at the airport butterfly enclosure! I was blown away at how "non-airport" like it felt!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

Another snap from my phone from when I was at the airport - this sunflower garden wraps all the way around, but I liked this shot because you could see the planes, too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
image.jpg

And cacti too! This also was part of a larger cactus garden - just one glimpse of it that I got.

Definitely my favorite airport of all time!

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Wow, I am very impressed, most airports are just concrete. The best you might hope for is a small patch of lawn, if you are lucky. I don't know why there aren't more airports that have these. I will make you feel at home in no time at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Honululu has a nice airport garden area too. There is a walkway through the airport and a small outdoor section that is surrounded by greenery. It is neat and unusual to see. I think that more airports should try to incorporate greenery into their plan. It is one of the ways that you can get away from the concrete and get a bit of greenery in your life.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jewel Changi Airport in Singapore is truly a remarkable indoor plant environment. As all the previous pics on this thread are defunct, I will post another image. Let's see how long this linked image remains functional.
View%2520of%2520Shiseido%2520Forest%2520Valley%2520and%2520HSBC%2520Rain%2520Vortex%2520from%2520the%2520South%2520Viewing%2520Deck.jpg

Ask a Question