Air plants

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
since I have seen them i have loved them but can't find a source for them has anyone bought them online and found a good source that is not expensive and gives you healthy plants

Reaction score
I have never bought them online, but I have bought them from local festivals. They are cool plants. I think local nurseries may have them also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well your alive and breathing .They need misted a little to get moisture .I would love to get some but have not found any here .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Then uh oh you need oxygen .Maybe to much moisture .I heard they do well in bathrooms and kitchens .

Reaction score
Our Festivals start in June here, I will get another one and try to keep this one alive. I've seen on TV some people attach them to a plaque and put moss around them and hang them on a wall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeh thats the way it tells you to do it online .I thought florida hill nursery online would have them .I ordered plants from them and got some great deals .I got some really nice cannas

Reaction score
The technical name for the Air Plant is "Tillandsia" and you can buy them online at Amazon for as little as $0.99 cents.

The one pictured below of course, will cost you more than that, but it would not be too expensive.

The Tillandsia is easy to care for, but does need to be watered on a regular basis, but not over-watered.

800px-Tillandsia_with_3_open_flowers_and_daughter_plant.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
gosh how much for shipping .I did see them on e-bay with free shipping .I will have to check it out .I just want smaller ones to see if they will grow in my house .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I would love to try air plants. There was another discussion on here about them (probably started by me) a little while back... maybe I can dig it up... I had shared a nice photo of air plants in vases that I was hoping to use for inspiration at some point. Right now though, I have my hands full with my outdoor stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried growing air plants...to be honest, I'm not even sure if I heard of it before reading this thread. Taskeinc, the plant in the picture that you posted looks lovely:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Found the other thread, but there wasn't any more information that would be useful to you. I would still like to try air plants at some time though most of the people who responded to my thread seemed to not have had much success with them. This is the photo that originally inspired me to want to get some of my own:
Tillandsia.jpg

Reaction score
Found the other thread, but there wasn't any more information that would be useful to you. I would still like to try air plants at some time though most of the people who responded to my thread seemed to not have had much success with them. This is the photo that originally inspired me to want to get some of my own:
Tillandsia.jpg

Check out air plants on Pinterest. They do need some misting and some indirect sunlight I think... I think some grow in the shade too though. I gotta check out Amazon. I've found a few websites online and they weren't too cheap.

Ask a Question