African Violets

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My mother grows many African Violets. Some of them are blooming and they look really pretty, so I decided to take a few pictures of them. Aren't they lovely?:):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't think so. As far as I know, they can be propagated from cuttings. But I'm not sure about it. I don't know much about African Violets, because I've never tried to grow them. If you want, I can ask my mother for more information:)

Reaction score
I don't think so. As far as I know, they can be propagated from cuttings. But I'm not sure about it. I don't know much about African Violets, because I've never tried to grow them. If you want, I can ask my mother for more information:)

They can be propagated from cuttings, to be more exact from leaves. But it's really hard to get the leaves to do that, at least my future mother in law hasn't been able to do it, but I know a lot people who has :) They are so hard to take care of!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for the information, Trellum.
I remember that my aunt used to have a whole collection of African Violets, they were everywhere in her house. She propagated them from cuttings. I think she had a green thumb:)

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. I've been thinking of buying some for my bathroom window because someone in this forum said that they deal humidity with pretty well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:) I'm sure that African violets can grow in high humidity. We live very close to a river, on an island, and as you see my mother's violets are doing fine:)

Reaction score
Thank you for the information, Trellum.
I remember that my aunt used to have a whole collection of African Violets, they were everywhere in her house. She propagated them from cuttings. I think she had a green thumb:)

If I were you I'd try doing the same ;) Once I cut a leaf from my grandma's african violet, it managed to root, but sadly it died later on :( Those plants are so darn picky!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
If I were you I'd try doing the same ;) Once I cut a leaf from my grandma's african violet, it managed to root, but sadly it died later on :( Those plants are so darn picky!
I would try it, but the truth is that I don't want to grow African violets. Most of them look really lovely, but it's just not my kind of plant. I prefer gorgeous roses, tiny wild violets and beautiful lilies of the valley:)

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I'd not want to try it either, those things are so picky, so hard to take care of! Those tiny wild violets you mentioned seem to be everywhere over here, they're very lovely :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They smell heavenly beautiful, don't they?:love: I'm in love with their scent. I've been looking for wild violet perfumes for years now. Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere. Many perfumes smell artificial:(

Ask a Question