Adding photos to a comment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
What is the proper procedure to uploading photos? It seems every forum, and or blog is different. I just tried to upload a few from my flcker account, and got nada. Should I be taking them directly from my PC? I'm so confused....(n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
That is the way I do it, from my pc. I can't even upload from my tablet. So I take a pic with the tablet, put it in my dropbox, then upload from my laptop. But I really think some of them are worth the effort. at least IMHO!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think Zigs ought to explain all of this. He seems to have no trouble posting numerous photos. I can upload pics from a folder on my PC but I have yet to figure out this Photobucket stuff even though I have a lot of pics there. It's a shame that us old timers can't figure out all this stuff by ourselves. Every time I talk to my grand daughter about computers she just laughs her butt off and starts speaking a different language

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lets try this.
DSC_0060.JPG

Okay I'm close. Just need to resize I guess.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So it looks like you need to press 'upload a file' then click on the file pic, and hit open. It will then give you the option of a thumbnail, or full size. This pic obviously is full size.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll ask Ian about putting a re sizing tool on the forum.

@Chuck For photobucket links, click on the pic and then select the lowest code on the right hand side, hover the cursor over the link in the box till it changes colour then click on it, it should say copied then,

The box is marked IMG

Click the bit in the post that you want to put the pic in, then right click and select paste

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

@Chuck For photobucket links, click on the pic and then select the lowest code on the right hand side, hover the cursor over the link in the box till it changes colour then click on it, it should say copied then,

The box is marked IMG

Click the bit in the post that you want to put the pic in, then right click and select paste
I must be an idiot but you sound just like my grand daughter. Code? If I could figure out how to get from our forum to Photobucket I "might be able to figure it out". I hate being stupid. OK I am going to mess with this and hope I don't get locked out and this machine will show me some mercy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

The box is marked IMG

I tried that with my flcker account. It was a no go. It really isn't a problem taking them from my PC now that I know how to do it. Most sites today require a photo host like photobucket or flcker which was a pain, because I had to constantly upload a pic just to download it. Now everything is right where I like it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I must be an idiot but you sound just like my grand daughter. Code? If I could figure out how to get from our forum to Photobucket I "might be able to figure it out". I hate being stupid. OK I am going to mess with this and hope I don't get locked out and this machine will show me some mercy
It's all good Chuck. Just remember you need to have two tabs open. One for here and the other for Photobucket. Start your thread here, and then click on the photobucket tab to retrieve the pic you want. Then click back on the Gardenforum tab to drop it here. See! Piece of cake, right!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's all good Chuck. Just remember you need to have two tabs open. One for here and the other for Photobucket. Start your thread here, and then click on the photobucket tab to retrieve the pic you want. Then click back on the Gardenforum tab to drop it here. See! Piece of cake, right!
Yeah Right. My tech knowledge about these things is extremely limited. If I knew the language such as what a tab is it would be different. It's a rather embarrassing situation to be in

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

You'm not an idiot for not understanding new technology Chuck, my Dad was terrified of the phone when it first turned up.

And right now I can't access the snipping tool I need to show you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah Right. My tech knowledge about these things is extremely limited. If I knew the language such as what a tab is it would be different. It's a rather embarrassing situation to be in

Okay, first question. Are you using Microsoft windows, meaning you are not on an apple computer. If the answer is yes, then look up and you should see a tab on the left that says (right now) "Adding photos to......" That is a tab. If you look just to the right of that you will see a smallish crooked rectangle. When you click on that it will open another tab that you can go to photobucket on. Pick the photo you want in photobucket by following the instructions above by Zigs. Then click on the tab that says Adding photos....and it will take you right back to here to drop your photos into.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Okay, first question. Are you using Microsoft windows, meaning you are not on an apple computer. If the answer is yes, then look up and you should see a tab on the left that says (right now) "Adding photos to......" That is a tab. If you look just to the right of that you will see a smallish crooked rectangle. When you click on that it will open another tab that you can go to photobucket on. Pick the photo you want in photobucket by following the instructions above by Zigs. Then click on the tab that says Adding photos....and it will take you right back to here to drop your photos into.
OK, I see all of that, the adding photos tab and the rectangle. But how do I get the adding photos tab there to begin with?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I ain't no techy
OK, I see all of that, the adding photos tab and the rectangle. But how do I get the adding photos tab there to begin with?
You don't. you have to click on the crooked rectangle, then when that tab opens go to you photobucket account. From there you can right click then hit copy on a pic that you want, and then go back to the first tab to (paste) it to your reply.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I ain't no techy

You don't. you have to click on the crooked rectangle, then when that tab opens go to you photobucket account. From there you can right click then hit copy on a pic that you want, and then go back to the first tab to (paste) it to your reply.
Now I understand.................I think THANK YOU A BUNCH

Ask a Question