A marbled orb spider in Bethesda

Reaction score
image.jpg

Reaction score
Are they venomous? His carapace is pretty but his legs are kind of creepy. Spiders are interesting but I'm also a little bit afraid of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This spider looks dangerous! How big it is? If I saw it in person, I would run away screaming;) Spiders terrify me, I hate everything about them:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ok, skin crawling and heart racing. Spiders can be so beautiful (their designs, colors, and webs) but they freak me out. I see a spider I call someone to take it outside. I don't kill them though. They are too important to bug control.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Kevinkimers, I don't kill spiders either:) It's not their fault that they're so creepy and ugly:p When I see one, I just scream and wait for help, lol. And then I ask the person who wants to save me to toss the nasty creature outside.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh wow, pretty spider but it looks really scary and potentially venomous as well? The legs almost look like something Tim Burton thought up ;). I'd keep my distance, but it is a great photo.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Marbled Orb-weaver (Araneus marmoratus) is symphony of exotic beauty and precision design.

Since several poster asked, yes, she is venomous. All spiders are venomous, that's how they hunt their prey. Only a minority of them have enough venom to seriously poison most people, and most of them are helping mankind by thinning the ranks of the plant-eaters and disease-spreaders.

Ask a Question