A few shots around Dorset yesterday

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
After a week of unsettled weather finally got out in the sun for a bit yesterday :)
DSCN0531.JPG
DSCN0532.JPG
DSCN0533.JPG
DSCN0534.JPG
DSCN0538.JPG
DSCN0542.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0534.JPG
    DSCN0534.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 366
Reaction score
As always lovely photos Zigs and although I like them all I have to say that its the first and the last that are my favorites.

In fact as that first photo
has really got my curiosity - especially as it reminds me very much of the cliffs in the TV Series " Broadchurch " - I have to ask - does all the scenery in Devon look similar or was " Broadchurch " actually filmed near where you took the photos ?

That sheep in the last photo really me chuckle though - as it just looks so :cool: - like hey - " I love having my photo taken - how about this pose - is it okay " :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta Gata and RR :)

Not having a telly at the time I was quite surprised when I had to review Broadchurch for a survey, suddenly I was looking at an ex Doctor Who standing on the beach where I fish :D

The car park has been closed and full up with big film making vans recently, think they're filming another series.

If you look at the rounded building on the left of the third pic, that's where they filmed the police station in the series, and the dual carriageway that Mrs was running down was the new Weymouth relief road that they built for the olympics.

That Sheep didn't know what to make of me :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
For those of you that don't know what Gata and I are on about :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These pictures are wonderful! It's such a beautiful area. As for Broadchurch, I watched every episode of it and I'm looking forward to the new season. It's a very addicting TV show:) What I love the most about it are wonderful views.
The sheep is so cute!!:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, never knew it had been shown all over Europe :) Only seen the first episode as we have to pay for it if we've missed it being shown live

Saw that Sheep and thought I know someone in Poland who would like her :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've not even heard of Broadchurch. I have no idea if it's even shown over here (though everyone is apparently into Downton Abbey).These are nice photos, @zigs! Thanks for sharing them with us.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I hadn't heard of it till that survey, don't know how I missed something being filmed on the beach here, must have been concentrating on fishing :D

Someone I know was fishing under the cliff there when a sheep landed on the beach next to him, he thought it must be dead, but a few minutes later it got up, shook it's self and walked off down the beach :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hadn't heard of it till that survey, don't know how I missed something being filmed on the beach here, must have been concentrating on fishing :D

Someone I know was fishing under the cliff there when a sheep landed on the beach next to him, he thought it must be dead, but a few minutes later it got up, shook it's self and walked off down the beach :eek:
Wow! This must have been an immortal super sheep:D

As for Broadchurch, at first I thought that the cliff isn't real, I was sure it's a computer-generated scene. You live in an amazing place!:D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! This must have been an immortal super sheep:D

As for Broadchurch, at first I thought that the cliff isn't real, I was sure it's a computer-generated scene. You live in an amazing place!:D

Think the Wool must have been like wearing a padded suit :D

When I die I want to e dropped out of a plane wearing a Superman costume :D

It's real all right, and very dangerous, its the top of an eroded anticline, the bit that was bent the most so has the most fractures in it, bits of it are always falling off, young girl got killed last year when 400 tonnes of it fell on her :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow, on all accounts! If a person fell from a cliff they likely would have broken something! Who knew that sheep were so resilient? Maybe they are part cat, eh @claudine? ;)

Someone should post signage about the danger from those falling bits before someone else gets injured or killed!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They bounce :D

There are signs up, but the Brits are good at ignoring stuff like that. Even if you tell them they act like you're stupid.

Put it down to Darwin awards, if you're stupid enough to walk past a sign saying Danger, falling rocks, and then sit on freshly fallen rocks to have a picnic then it's best you don't pass your genes on :rolleyes:

Ask a Question