2017 Vegetable Garden Plan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I know it's a bit early but I have been encouraged by my success this year and I've started planning my garden for next year. I am curious to get some opinions on what I have so far. Any suggestions you have on placement, spacing, varieties, etc is appreciated. Everything will be in raised beds 1 foot deep. The bed between the corn will be for herbs. Tomatoes will be staked.

Attachments

• Garden 4 29 x 26 160821185646.png
    Garden 4 29 x 26 160821185646.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 225
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! :) On the forum it's often helpful to have your location and hardiness zone in your profile - click on your name at the top-right of the page and go to Personal Details.

I'm envious of the size of your vegetable garden! I'm glad to hear you've been having a fertile year. How does the plan for next year differ from your current layout? Also it's difficult to see which numbers are in the tiny circles, but the ones I can make out look good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! :) On the forum it's often helpful to have your location and hardiness zone in your profile - click on your name at the top-right of the page and go to Personal Details.

I'm envious of the size of your vegetable garden! I'm glad to hear you've been having a fertile year. How does the plan for next year differ from your current layout? Also it's difficult to see which numbers are in the tiny circles, but the ones I can make out look good.

Thank you. I updated the information. I didn't realize the smaller numbers weren't going to be clear. I have carrots in the same bed as my lettuce and onions are in with the garlic. The other bed with small circles is pole greenbeans.

This year I have a 20 by 20 garden with three raised beds to the south. The north end I setup as a three-sisters garden with 21 mounds separated into three rows. My tomatoes are in buckets to the left.

This year we got over 50 lbs of pickling cukes so we have enough relish and dill pickles to last us a while.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1471945432667.jpg
    FB_IMG_1471945432667.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 20160719_192440.jpg
    20160719_192440.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 264
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok I see what you mean now. Looks good to me, and you've got a nice spread through the season :) Do you do a lot of preserving?

Ask a Question